- BREDL comments to SC PSA regarding Proposed New Pipeline RegulationJun. 11, 2021: BREDL reviewed Social Vulnerability Index data compiled by CDC for Florence County, SC which indicate that there already are moderate to high levels of social vulnerability in the census tracts in the Pamplico area of Florence County.
- Spring 2021 edition of The League Line now onlineCover: Yet another polluting facility permitted for Richmond County, NC - ITD plans to burn wood and creosote railroad ties by Debra David, Concerned Citizens of Richmond County; Director's Report: Power matters by Louis Zeller; Welcome Unicoi Clear by Court Lewis, President, Unicoi Clear Executive Committee; Chapter Update: No Snow Camp Mine by Jane Lea […]
- Billionaire's Blunder : A Report by Blue Ridge Environmental Defense LeagueMay. 04, 2021: Bill Gates believes he has figured out a solution for combating climate change: a return to nuclear power. We at Blue Ridge Environmental Defense League and others around the world know that nuclear energy and power are not the future we should look to.
- BREDL comments on Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement-Clinch River Nuclear Site Advanced Nuclear Reactor Technology ParkMar. 19, 2021: Blue Ridge Environmental Defense League is in opposition to Tennessee Valley Authority going through with the construction, operation, and decommissioning of an advanced nuclear reactor technology park at the Clinch River Nuclear (CRN) Site in Oak Ridge, Roane County, Tennessee for the following reasons: A variety of negative environmental and human health […]
- Blue Ridge Environmental Defense League Calls on Virginia and North Carolina Attorneys General to Aid Landowners Left in Limbo by the Atlantic Coast PipelineMar. 15, 2021: Blue Ridge Environmental Defense League has requested the Attorneys General of North Carolina and Virginia intervene on behalf of landowners who were forced to bow to "bullying and predatory" tactics used to gain easements for the now cancelled Atlantic Coast Pipeline (ACP).
- BREDL requests NCDAQ to deny air permit for proposed International Tie Disposal facility in Hamlet - This facility will bring a dubious, risky, polluting, and experimental process to another
environmental justice community.Mar. 03, 2021: This facility will significantly impact the ambient air quality of the surrounding community affecting public health. We are respectfully requesting that NCDAQ require AERMOD air modeling for ITD at least for the criteria pollutant of NO2. Our air modeling results indicate that the ITD facility has a high probability of exceeding the […]
- Winter 2021 edition of The League Line now onlineCover: Campaign victory! In big win for communities, coal ash disposal company drops appeal of Chatham, Lee County cases by Therese Vick; "They didn’t give up" by Cathy Cralle-Jones, Law Office of F Bryan Brice Jr.; EnvironmentaLee - Organized to win by Debbie Hall and Keely Wood; Chatham Citizens Against Coal Ash Dump - Endurance […]
- Groups Gather at Savannah River Site to Mark Historic Treaty Outlawing Nuclear Weapons, Call for ActionJan. 22, 2021: Today, people living near the Savannah River Site participated in an historic day in the movement to eliminate nuclear weapons. Joining with scores of similar actions across the nation and around the world, local residents unfurled a 10-foot banner stating that "Nuclear Weapons Are Illegal." At midnight, the Treaty on the Prohibition […]