- Ground and Surface Water Monitoring Reports Reveal that Forever Chemical 1,4 Dioxane Contamination at Construction and Demolition Landfills is widespreadOct. 11, 2021: A review of ground and surface water monitoring reports submitted to the North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) by construction and demolition (CDLF) landfills shows that 1,4 dioxane has been found in ground and/or surface water at most sites. Of the over 50 facilities reviewed, over 40 show varying levels of […]
- BREDL submits comments on two Carolina Sunrock facilities proposed for Caswell County, NCSep. 22, 2021: The Burlington North draft permit made available for public comment on the NC DAQ website contained numerous errors and must be denied. These errors include duplicate numbering of conditions and an exclusion of a referenced condition. In addition, there are several issues with the air modeling which was completed to demonstrate compliance […]
- BREDL sends letter to NC Attorney General regarding easements for the cancelled Atlantic Coast PipelineSep. 07, 2021: In our letter, we point out that landowners whom were able to obtain legal counsel were able to negotiate better terms. We request the Attorney General right the injustices and assist landowners in regaining these easements.
- BREDL sends letter to NC DEQ Secretary regarding June 30, 2021 discharge of 1,4 dioxane - The release was from the TZ Osborne Wastewater Treatment Plant in GreensboroAug. 11, 2021: Blue Ridge Environmental Defense League urges the Department to consider the enactment of emergency, temporary, or permanent rules that require the following: 1. Testing and analysis be performed after a spill has been reported/detected, including the recommended time frame for such testing. 2. That water providers notify their users of discharges/spills immediately. […]
- Summer 2021 edition of The League Line now onlineSPECIAL EDITION: CELEBRATING LOU ZELLER ON HIS RETIREMENT
- BREDL comments to SC PSA regarding Proposed New Pipeline RegulationJun. 11, 2021: BREDL reviewed Social Vulnerability Index data compiled by CDC for Florence County, SC which indicate that there already are moderate to high levels of social vulnerability in the census tracts in the Pamplico area of Florence County.
- Spring 2021 edition of The League Line now onlineCover: Yet another polluting facility permitted for Richmond County, NC - ITD plans to burn wood and creosote railroad ties by Debra David, Concerned Citizens of Richmond County; Director's Report: Power matters by Louis Zeller; Welcome Unicoi Clear by Court Lewis, President, Unicoi Clear Executive Committee; Chapter Update: No Snow Camp Mine by Jane Lea […]
- Billionaire's Blunder : A Report by Blue Ridge Environmental Defense LeagueMay. 04, 2021: Bill Gates believes he has figured out a solution for combating climate change: a return to nuclear power. We at Blue Ridge Environmental Defense League and others around the world know that nuclear energy and power are not the future we should look to.